3.6.09

Aussie barbie without Aussie in Australia

ItalicOur ever youngest classmate, Young Dennis. Guess how old?

After the trip to the Sydney I have still been in a holiday for 2 weeks (technically, its time for having an industry placement not holiday but able to have plenty time to play with.) So I had some extra fun stuff with my classmates.

In Perth there are a number of facilities which are free to use for the public. One of them is this riverside barbie* machine. Riverside barbie was an awesome way to chill. Just bring some meat, prawn, veges or whatever you want to grill.

*Barbie: Australian term of BBQ
Barbie Machine

I called up our classmates to enjoy this entertainment. In addition to the breathtaking scenery of the Swan River and Perth City, a supermarket and zoo are ideally located so that it is also very easy to get meat and food on foot. Yes, it's a hands free entertainment! (but be realistic, don't forget to bring salt, pepper, oil, knife, and cleaning kit. Its fairly silly to buy these stuff for just one day)

This kind of barbie gives you a great idea of how to enjoy time in a Australian way (although, there is no Aussie around you). Sit back, have food and beer (alternatively, you can have veges and wine), and talk about nothing serious. Make sure you drink enough, otherwise you can't feel this Australian way of fun.

After the row of barbie, river cruising back to city was waiting for you. This exclusive river cruise is operated by TransPerth, the public transport authority of Perth. This 5 minute- 5 star class cruise(of course you have to believe this is 5 star) cost only $0.80!

So I think this was pretty successful. I want to try this in another venue next time as the riverside barbie is not the only barbie machine in Perth.

If you have a chance to visit Perth or already in Perth wanting some relaxing fun, lets have one! I will be in!

5 comments:

Shingo said...

Ahhhhh !!!! I'm a lot envious of yours life there in Aus... You seemed to have been doing great. Good to know. I was deployed to the U.S and Aus group in overseas project department so I may have a chance to visit you someday.

I am named 'Shane' by the guy, Peter of our distributer in Aus. so Call me Shane. duuno why though

Hezaa said...

Hi Yohei! It's Heather.

" a supermarket and zoo are ideally located so that it is also very easy to get meat and food on foot."

Please don't get meat from the zoo! Those pandas are really endangered, you know!!

It's great to hear that you're still in Australia having a good time! I'd like to visit there some day, when I am a millionaire. I'll let you know!

For now, I'm going to grad school in upstate New York from the fall. I'm going to learn how to be a librarian. I think that the glasses and the pins to put my hair in a bun come with the diploma....

Yohei said...

Monkey Shingo Shane

Good on you!! It seems like you are doing your job extremely well.

Please ask your Aussie boss that if I can work with him in Australia. haha just joking.

But make sure that you are coming to Perth not Sydney or Melbourne, as these cities are too cold and too busy.

Oh well, see hope see you soon. I will welcome you with kangaroo meat barbie.

All the best

Y

Yohei said...

Hi Heather

No? I thought hunting in the zoo was a good idea.

Anyways, if you want to forget about pin and bun, and expose your skin into sunshine, unspoiled beaches are always waiting for you(although there is always a risk of having skin cancer in Australia.)

It would be very interesting to see when you will eventually finish your educational career and start working (its same to me though,) but good on you, learning is never wasting.

Good luck on your study and hope you will become president of The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions.

All the best

Y

gucci said...

where here is ?
so buautiful picture
Get Your Pet Gucci to Gucci and Christie’s Appraisal
Gee, I believe that every luxury boutique, whose owner is being upset with loads of goods, together with those accomplished shoppers will absolutely get thrilled with the piece of fab news----Who can ever expect that Gucci would join hands with Christies, the respectful auction house ?